Here is what I want to share with you:
First, our VBS is going unbelievably well! We had 69 people tonight (Monday) which is the most we have had in a long time. God is really blessing us with young people. Pray that their families will come and allow us to share God's Word and His love with them too.
Second, we had one young man to make a profession of faith in Jesus Christ as His savior tonight (Praise the LORD!). Our music, teachers and administrators are doing a great job. Pray for their strength and safety this week.
Third, you should be starting on page 47 tomorrow mornign (#6 Life is a temporary assignment). Make sure you do not read past lesson 7. Instead, start over with lesson one again on Wednesday. Next Wednesday we will break up into groups and discuss the first seven lessons. This will keep them fresh on your mind.
Let me share one way Purpose Driven Life has helped me this week. Saturday while mowing grass, one of my dear children left a log (ok it was a stick, but when the mower hit it--it sounded like a log!) in the grass. I stopped the mower, pulled the stick out from under the grass catcher and started the mower. It ran for a few seconds and then quit.
.
After much aggrivation, I discovered my timing belt broke, the mower had two leaking seals and two gears on the crankshaft and oil pump were damaged (what a blessing!!).
Just so happens I read that ". . . when life has a purpose you can bear almost anything." Well, Karen reminded me there was a purpose in this--I am not sure I have found it just yet, but one thing is sure--my attitude toward the problem is much better than it normally would be.
Keep up the good work and make sure you meditate on the readings.
God's blessings to you and thanks for letting me be your Pastor!
Pastor John


Hi, these comments are all interesting and so true. I feel humbled to know that even before I was born - God had a purpose for me. I just have a hard time knowing what His will is for me. Also everything works for the good of those that love him and are called according to His purpose. Are we not all called according to his purpose? It's tough accepting this sometimes.
ReplyDelete