Wednesday, July 29, 2009

We Have Reached The Finish Line!



You have a purpose.

We have learned a lot over the past forty days. We discovered "why on earth we are here." God put us here to worship Him. He also formed us for fellowship. As we enjoy His family we are helping each other to become more like Jesus Christ (discipleship). As we become more like Jesus we desire to serve others by employing our God given gifts and talents (ministry). God doesn't want us keeping these to ourselves, He wants us to share them with others. He has given us a "Great Commission." We are to win people to Jesus and then baptize and teach them how to win others (Mat 28:19-20; Jn 20:21; Lk 24:46-48; Acts 1:8). This is quite a purpose!

You are an ambassador.

Think about this, God has entrusted you as His ambassador (2 Cor 5:20). When you speak God's truth it is just as if Christ was standing there speaking to the person. Do you know why? Because He is (Jn 14:16-18).

You have a mission.

Worship, fellowship, discipleship, ministry, and evangelism are why you are here. By balancing each of these five purposes in your life, you too can serve God in your generation (Acts 13:36).

Here are our discussion questions for tonight:

1. What are some typical fears and stereotypes that people have when they hear the word "evangelism"?
2. What keeps you from sharing the Good News with others? How can you overcome this?
3. What is your Life Message? (see 289-90). Which part is strongest for you and why?
4. Do you have at least one person you pray for daily (or regularly) who does not know Jesus Christ?
5. What is the "Great Commission?" How can a small group help you fulfill it?
6. How has reading through this book helped you in understanding your life purposes?
7. How specifically has the book redirected your thinking?
8. What has been the most helpful insight(s) in the book?
9. Did you share the gospel with at least one person this week?
10. What will you begin to study next? Are you willing to begin this book again?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this series has definately been a blessing on my life. It could absolutely have not come at a better time. What is my life message? It is a combination of many things. Anything and everything that I have experienced in my life. It is my testimony of how I came to know Jesus, is my all of my life lessons that I have learned, particularly the hard way. It is all of my passions in life, which are my loves and menial joys in the world. Things that I can glorify God with that also continue to give me whatever joy God allows me to enjoy. And lastly, it includes the Good news that God so graciously allows us to share. The strongest one for me is probably sharing my passions. I love doing what I love to do, and my passions are just other ways to glorify God and reach out to others with. I want to be somebody one day, someone who is well known, and can reach out to millions of people all over the world! I want to be able to share my passions and joys with everyone so I can glorify God!
    I have been praying alot more lately. I have been praying for family members who aren't saved, for friends who need guidance back into fellowship with God, for acquaintances, for strangers, pretty much anyone that I hear about who has problems in thier lives I pray for, and I thank God for giving me a heart to pray for these people, and for lighting a fire in me, for putting a burden and passion in my heart to sympathize,empathize, and mourn with these people. I do hope everyone who has read this book and have been coming to the Wednesday night classes have gotten such a passion and yearning to serve God more. This book has absolutely changed my life. I feel like I am maturing spiritually and mentally. I remember reading the dedication in this book. It states, before you were born, God planned this moment in your life. It is no accident that you are holding this book. God longs for you to discover the life he created you to live-here on earth, and forever in eternity. It was definately no accident that I got ahold of this book. I absolutely hate to read, especially when I do not like the book. Not only do I like this book, I LOVE it! I would recommend it to anyone, my age especially. Now that I am in such a critical point in my life, I now know it was no accident that this book landed in my hands. I was struggling constantly about what is my purpose in life, what am I supposed to do, what on earth am I here for? Now I am sure of my ministry and mission in life. Thank God for that! I was getting grey hairs over it, Seriously! But anyway, I just thought I would share how much this book has changed my life, and that if I didn't have a passion burning in my heart before, I do now. I hope and pray that everyone else feels the same, because I am definately sure that for the rest of my life, I will never be the same.

    P.s. I will most definately read this book again! Maybe even three or four times! It's Great!

    Guys, I hope you have an awesome day!! I know mine is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KAYLA, YOU ARE A VERY SPECIAL GIRL, AND I'M BLESSED TO HAVE YOU IN BOTH MY BIOLOGICAL FAMILY AND MY SPIRITUAL FAMILY.

    ReplyDelete